Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Tree Planted By The Riverbank

A Tree Planted By The Riverbank
A Personal Journal Entry
Psalms 1:3 today is the day I reflect on the scripture verse that I have meditated on for the week. In Psalms 1:3 it says if I delight in the Law of the Lord, and meditate on it day and night, that I will be like a tree planted by the riverbanks, bearing fruit in every season. My leaves will never wither, and in all I do, I will prosper. 
If I delight in the Law of the Lord, and meditate on it day and night, the immediate effect is that I will be like a tree planted by the riverbank.  The riverbank nourishes, refreshes, provides foundational support, purifies, and keeps the tree alive. The word of God does all the above and more. No matter the season I am in, I will be fruitful. In seasons filled with pain, sorrow, joy, frustrations, disappointments, through various trials and tribulations, I will be fruitful. That means in all seasons if you’re fruitful, there will be growth, endurance, perseverance, joy, faith, hope, and peace. That’s what being fruitful looks like, no matter the season, because you have made the very word of God your security and foundation, you will come out of each season of your life, renewed and uplifted.
Through the trials and tribulations, you will not fall apart, break down, drown, be crushed. No, rather, you will come out in victory, with a stronger faith, renewed hope, exceeding joy, and endurance. You will not wither, you will bloom. Yes, this is what it means to be a tree planted by the Riverbank. This is what happens when we allow the Holy Spirit and the word of God to bring about the transformation we so desire, within our hearts.

Allow the Lord to plant you by the riverbank. After he has planted you, it is your responsibility to read, meditate, and abide by the word of God. Find your need for approval, peace, contentment, value, and worth in the word of God. That’s what it means to delight in the law of the Lord. To take the word of God as your most prized possession. To know that nothing else can bring you satisfaction, contentment, true joy and life meaning, than the word of God. Thank you Lord!
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed 2 Corinthians 4:8-9. (Added 2.24.13)

No comments:

Post a Comment