Sunday, February 22, 2015

Following Jesus Will and Stepping Out in Faith

Following Jesus Will and Stepping Out in Faith

By: Jennifer Bowden

Several years ago I was sitting in my multicultural education class, one of the required classes needed to fill my degree in Elementary Education, when I felt the calling of the Holy Spirit. He birthed in me a desire to teach in a culturally diverse classroom, as well as a deep understanding for unique individuals. In my heart I knew this meant leaving our home in Wyoming and following Gods will. This move came much to the distress of my husband's family and our church family, but as I'm sure you have heard before when God calls you to complete a mission He prepares every step and every last details. In response to the Holy Spirit and God's will we moved our family to Liberal, Kansas, and

I assure you the process in which I came to find a job offer in Liberal was truly God ordained. When I arrived in town everything fell into place. Please don't misconstrue my words and think that everything was perfect, but the major details locked together like a puzzle. As the years have gone by I thought Liberal was the place we were going to make our permanent residence. This thrilled me as I was always told by several members of my family to "find a place and put down roots". Therefore, when the still small voice of my heavenly father spoke to my heart and confirmed that we would be moving I was a little stunned. I quickly contacted my husband to relay the confirmation of the Spirit. My husband told me that he had felt the same tug at his heart. I quickly began to ask questions and search. My mind was racing with thoughts like ;where would we be going and why would we be leaving here. My husband and I both love our jobs and the people we have met. Our children had friends and activities here.

I began to analyze the spiritual growth my family has gained here and our comfortability in this town. Satan began to speak to my mind, bringing up the words of my family, "find a place and put down roots". God quickly assured me with the parable Luke 8:13. Those that are deeply rooted in Christ shall not be washed away. I am rooted in Christ! He is my place to put down roots! I put my roots in Christ when I was 17 years old. Be reassured that Christ follows us everywhere. It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed Deuteronomy 3: 8 In my anxiety I pressed my ear and my heart closer to God. In every false claim spoken to me by Satan, God was there with His words verse after verse. When I was struck with moments of fear He gave me Proverbs 3:26 The Lord will be your confidence so that Satan will not snare your foot. He was there with His words and at times He spoke straight to my heart. Finally, when I was drawn to a city that is much larger than Liberal and well out of my comfort zone I sat slumped in my chair. I quietly told the Lord I could not go there and I began to pray. Like the gentleman that He is the Lord directed me to my phone where I downloaded two sermons the night before. The list that I chose the sermons from was extensive, but I know in my heart they were not coincidence. When I began to listen to the story of Paul and hear the process of his sacrifice to follow the Lord it confirmed in my heart that Jesus is worth dying for.

We have to die to ourselves daily! I had to die to my selfish desire to be comfortable! I will follow Him ! I will step out in faith prepared to do His will! I will do it with Joy in my heart! Where ever and whenever He leads me!
(Added 3.03.13)

No comments:

Post a Comment